Monday, September 28, 2009

The Queen's Meme-HOSPITAL ZONE

Let's get institutionalized, shall we?


1. What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you in a hospital (besides your illness)? Not enough towels? No condiments? Can't get your favorite channels? Come on, you can tell me. **Or....maybe this answer doesn't involve you being the patient.**
OK! I wasn't the patient. My boyfriend at the time was in and had just had hernia surgery. And I mean that day! He wasn't supposed to move let alone get up. He wanted to make whoopee in the bathroom. When the surgeon checked on him several hours later, that darn doctor KNEW!Patient bathroom Pictures, Images and Photos
2. If you had your choice of IV cocktails, what would you choose?
my IV Pictures, Images and Photos
Dextrose-neat. This meme is all of a sudden making me ill. Too much remembering of my last stay in the hospital last summer-that lasted ALL SUMMER.
3. Tell us your funniest hospital story.

This wasn't so funny for me at the time, but the nurses laughed their bloomers off. Last summer, the first 11 days of my stay, I was in a coma. The only thing I can remember is that I constantly had very strange dreams with one section of the wall prominent in all my dreams. The one dream I can remember vividly is this-I dreamed that I had been captured by an Arabian shiek. The colors were vivid and intense, almost hurting my eyes. I was added to the shiek's harem. I remember thinking that the other women would at least be friendly. Wrong! I remember a group of women standing around me, laughing and joking. All those harem gals were, well, let's just say I was in an X-rated movie. When I just couldn't stand it anymore, I remember laying there, scared, trying to figure out what I could say to them to make them stop. I said, "All right, ladies, I think that's just about enough!" in my sternest teacher voice. I heard laughter. And that's all.harem Pictures, Images and Photos
Backstory: I WAS surrounded by women, laughing and joking. But it had been the nurses stripping the skin off my legs.


4. Do you have any hospital phobias?
Oxygen Pictures, Images and Photos
I am terrified of oxygen on in my room.
5. Imagine you are in bed trying to get some sleep after a long night of interruptions by the nurse on duty who would NOT stop waking you up to see if you were asleep...It is 3am. You finally get to sleep. She comes in at 3:15 and wakes you up again. What happens next?
I ask for a sleeping pill.Z Zzzzz Pictures, Images and Photos


6. You are stuck in the elevator with an attractive person of the opposite sex. You notice there is no wedding band. Do you strike up a conversation? If so, what is the first thing you would say?


Yes, I strike up a conversation, but not because he is a man and not because he is attractive. That's just how I am. I'd talk and be friends with an unattractive toad-of-a man.Smiling Frog Pictures, Images and Photos
7. A very odd patient wanders into your room from the upstairs psychiatric ward. What do you do?
Talk to make that person comfortable while I'm buzzing the nurse.old crazy man Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

My Lady, you have had quite a few adventures in hospital! That bathroom could tell a few stories, and as for the harem....

Finding Pam said...

You sure have had your hospital experiences? The coma sounds horrible and the harem?

"I'd talk and be friends with an unattractive toad-of-a man" I had to laugh at this statement and the picture was absoultely hilarious!

The Memes I've Loved Before

Welcome to Ladyhightower's Meme Castle!
Ladyhightower's Castle for Memes is a safe haven where memes are invited to stay in order to rest but they rarely decide to leave. Life here in Ladyhightower's Great Hall is good for a meme, with peace and quiet and friends to play checkers with...