Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MCKLINKY FILL IN & FINISH BLOG HOP


Fill In & Finish Blog Hop


You just found out you have one week to live. The first person you call is my sister-in-law, Margaret and say "Get your butt here!". Immediately after hanging up the phone, you leave the doctors office and before heading home you go to the river so you can think things through.

You gather your family at home that night and say not to be upset cause you're not; then all of you together decide how and what to tell Gracie.

You book a three day trip to three different places because you've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise, travel to Ireland and Scotland. On the way back from your trip you stop off at Aunt Peggy's house in Florida to talk because you've been meaning to for a long time.

For two more days you spend your time reading stories on tape for Gracie, writing I love you letters, and saying goodbye. You make sure you go to the temple ,baptize and seal,  and thank everyone there... three things you know you should have taken care of but have been putting off.

The final day is too personal to write about but you wonder to yourself: why did I have to get a death notice before I finally did all those things this week?

The reason I'll probably keep putting off all those things is it's not my time yet, but I know it will come.

MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Adaptable Kay said...

What a coincidence: I went to the Park to think :D

Happy Hopping!

The Memes I've Loved Before

Welcome to Ladyhightower's Meme Castle!
Ladyhightower's Castle for Memes is a safe haven where memes are invited to stay in order to rest but they rarely decide to leave. Life here in Ladyhightower's Great Hall is good for a meme, with peace and quiet and friends to play checkers with...